PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To assist service staff in providing the optimum service to guests while maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the lounge and service areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
· Retrieve food orders from the kitchen and serve to guests with appropriate dishware and condiments.
· Maintain cleanliness of tables including: removing dirty glassware, wiping tables, re-setting, etc.
· Maintain cleanliness of service station by removing dirty dishware, glassware and silverware to designated area.
· Assist with preparation and service of coffee, tea, cappuccino and espresso as needed.
· Assist guests with seating arrangements, i.e. arranging furniture for large groups and restore to proper place after guest departure.
· Assist with washing glassware as needed and passing the glasses in the matching rack. racks.
· Assist Waitress and Bartender with any other duties as requested to insure prompt guest service.
· Assist with table set ups if the room is being used for functions or events the next morning.
· Respond to guest requests in a prompt professional and courteous manner.
· Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health and cleanliness standards.
· Perform other duties as requested by management or supervisor.
· Perform general cleaning tasks, using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management e.g., cleans guest spills.
· Must adhere to State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
· Physical activities include walking, talking, hearing, seeing, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, carrying, lifting, reaching, crawling, handling and feeling.
· Requires considerable repetitive motion of hands, wrists and fingers as relating to carrying, serving and lifting objects.
· Requires interaction with people as relates to attending to needs requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is required.
· Must be able to carry 3 + plates at a time of weights up to 15 pounds.
· Ability to remain on your feet for 7+ hours
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use.
Ability to read, sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, speak and write the English language to communicate with the guest and take orders.
Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to grade school or any other combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
Terms of employment